Want to know the latest trends in kitchen design and features? Here are some of the trends currently making waves in 2014 kitchens.
Although ultra clean lines are still popular (including the absence of handles on cabinetry), there is a move towards contrasting this sleek look to soften it. For example:
- laminate surfaces that mimic textured wood grain
- timber flooring, beams or tongue and groove into the walls or ceiling
- splashbacks in slabs of marble or granite or in bold, interesting colours and patterns
- the use of warmer surface colours such as grey tones rather than white
- vintage style faucets
- stainless steel with a bronze finish
- copper rangehoods or lighting
- open shelves to show off favourite, quality pieces and add splashes of colour
Other features on trend right now include:
- Mirrored splashbacks, including with smoked glass
- Sconce lighting (lighting pieces attached to the wall) – whether that be modern or traditional in style.
- Clever storage such as the use of concertina overhead cupboards
- Maximizing the inclusion of drawers (rather than cupboards), and with built-in lighting and versatile drawer organisers
- Large island benches, with height consistency to allow for a more versatile and multipurpose use by the whole family
- Multi-purpose pantry spaces (or sculleries or butler’s pantries) – for cleaning up, for food and other storage, and for the positioning of appliances such as toasters, sandwich makers or juicers.
So if you want to include these or other great features or trends in your renovation, contact Ultimate Kitchens & Bathrooms to discuss how we can help bring your dream kitchen to life.