Kitchens Design & Cabinets – Kitchen Showroom Mornington Peninsula
Kitchens’ of old went by the ‘work triangle’ rule which meant the sink, fridge and stove were 1.2m to 2.7m apart, forming a rough triangle line. This was due to functionality, because kitchens were much smaller and most often only one person cooked and cleaned.
Many kitchens in mornington peninsula throughout Melbourne still have the work triangle rule, but an alternative is to use workzones because they make a kitchen much more liveable for everyone by allowing separate jobs to be spread out across the kitchen.
A work zone minimises the problems of moving around between appliances, opening cupboard doors or other people using the kitchen.
Different zones include serving, food storage, tableware storage, cleaning, preparing and cooking zones.
Having different zones will make the whole kitchen much more safer. Having kids prepare vegetables away from the stove area or make toast away from the frypan is much safer.
Functionality has improved within kitchens. These are some examples that can make your kitchen much more user friendly:
- A corner cupboard was once an area where plastic containers and appliances would build up and rarely be used. Metal shelves eliminate mess by having a swivel out rack for quick access.
- Reaching objects at the back of the pantry or cupboard leave you having to pull out almost everything. Interior roll-out drawers give you easy access.
- Lift-up cupboard doors mean you’re not in anyone’s way, especially in a small kitchen.
- Kicker drawers allow cutting boards and large trays to be stored down low where they’re out of the way.
- Soft- closing cupboards and Kitchen cabinet doors are a good way to avoid damage from wear and tear.
The kitchen island has increased in size and functionality over time. Utilising kitchen zones with an island can make the kitchen much less stressful. The island can be a breakfast bar, food preparation area or serving area. You can have a dishwasher, wine rack or microwave hidden on the side. The whole benchtop can also be wooden, polished concrete or stainless steel.
Having an expert who understands how to ultilise these innovations will make your kitchen safer, more efficient and modern. Ultimate kitchens are experts in merging design, construction and management to give you a hassle free renovation.
Our kitchen builders in mornington peninsula are experienced in designing and building kitchens of all sizes. We can oversee the whole project from design to completion of construction in a timely and professional manner.
Ultimate Kitchens back this up with an in-home free consultation, meticulous attention to detail, qualified tradesmen and a 7-year builders guarantee.
Contact the kitchen designers mornington peninsula team, which are located in a suburb close to you all around Melbourne. Call Ultimate Kitchens on 0398824103 or visit our display showroom at 1035 Burke Road, Hawthorn East.